t +972 03 576 5555
f +972 03 576 5566
Keren Hagai, PhD
head of life sciences
Keren has expertise in a variety of IP aspects in Biotech and Agriculture. She has particular experience in the areas of seed and plant technology, improved seed traits, classical breeding, plant genetics, new plant varieties and molecular biology. She has vastly practiced patent searches and analysis, patent strategy, patent drafting, patent prosecution, and FTO and patentability opinions.
- Tel Aviv University, Ph.D. in Biochemistry
- Tel Aviv University, M.Sc. in Plant Sciences
- Tel Aviv University, B.Sc. in Biology
- Life Sciences
- Molecular Biology
- Plant Genetics
- Plant Breeder's Rights
additional professional experience
- Keren lectures in patent law courses at several academic institutions including the Hebrew University, the Open University and the Volcani center, as well as in professional conferences, in the field of IP protection for biotech and plant innovations.
- Prior to joining the firm, Keren worked in a number of scientific positions including as a researcher at the Molecular Epidemiology Division of Tel-Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
- At the TAU, she acquired her PhD under the supervision of Prof. Nathan Nelson, awarded the Israel Prize in Life Sciences and worked as a post-doctoral fellow in the Department of Plant Sciences.
- Keren supervised research projects in the areas of gene cloning and plant transformation as well as in the isolation of yeast vacuoles and the measurement of proton uptake activity.
- Published widely and produced abstracts for industrial and academic conferences in her field.